Frequently Asked Questions
Using landmine attachments is great to get your body working in various degrees of movement and there are a variety of exercises that you can carry out that are enjoyable and rewarding and useful for all abilities. They are a secure method of training as they are either bolted to the floor or weighted down by weight plates.
Our Exersci® Weight Plate Landmine is an excellent option to be able to use a barbell landmine without it being fixed to the floor. Simply stack weight plates on the floor and place the barbell inside the plate hole to provide a sturdy base.
- Suitable for a 2-inch Olympic Barbell bar
- 360° swivel joint platform
- No need to install
You can be assured that you are able to carry out a range of movements comfortably with our movable weight plate landmine. You can also have a look at our heavy-duty iron-weight plates here.
Our Exersci® Heavy Duty Landmine is a floor-mounted landmine and is incredible for completing a range of exercises. Our landmine comes with two different bar insertion sizes.
- Compatible with 1-inch diameter barbells and the standard 2-inch Olympic bars
- 4x14mm bolt mechanism, providing stability for the majority of movements in a fluid motion during use and minimising safety risks
- Includes rope attachment hook on the rear for use to partake in battle rope workouts
Gym landmines are an excellent training tool that can save your joints and give you a core strength workout. There is a fantastic range of landmine exercises you can carry out to build strength.
Landmine single-arm press
- Lie on the floor and have your landmine bar in your hand and the weight plate just at the side of your head.
- With a strong grip, gently lift the weight up and down to work your biceps, triceps, and upper chest.
- Turn the other way and repeat with the opposite arm.
- You can also carry out this exercise whilst standing by placing your feet in a split stance and lifting the barbell with one arm.
- You are able to change your weight load according to your physical competency.
Landmine twist/rotation - This is an effective exercise that can develop your core strength while using a barbell landmine.
The landmine rotation is an effective exercise that can develop core strength and the way the core utilises the stretch-shortening cycle. This exercise develops core strength through resisting rotation.
- Ensure you have a strong grip on your barbell and lift it above your head holding in both hands.
- Move the landmine barbell over your head to either the right or left of your body.
- Move the barbell back to the centre above your head and then repeat - move the barbell to the other side of your body.
- If this is done correctly, this move will provide minimal risk of injury and increased rotational strength.
Battle rope workouts are total-body strength, so your upper body, lower body, and core muscles will be worked.
Most barbell landmines and fixed landmines have attachments for ropes, and using ropes is also a fantastic cardio workout which is perfect for when you’re looking to get the most out of your training.
A landmine attachment will not damage your barbell. If your barbell has a low-quality finish, you may see some aesthetic wear, but this will not affect the function of the barbell. If you do not use your landmine correctly, this could cause long-term damage to your barbell. Speak to us if you have any questions.